Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Where Have the Irish Been?

Love the Irish Mob!!!!! And just in time for St. Patty's Day! Why has there not been more TV shows with the Irish mob? We have our Italians - even the Russians sometimes but where have the Irish been?

"The Irish have always been the victims of negative stereotype. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers, and sometimes that gets you so mad, all you want to do is get drunk and punch somebody. " - Joey Ice Cream narrates.

In case you are wondering I am speaking about the new show on NBC - The Black Donnelly's. Now that there has been two episodes I am hooked. Though I must say that Joey Ice Cream is starting to get on my nerves. Loved him in the pilot - how about the detective smacking him across the head with the book? However the second episode - how does he know everything - I like him narrating but when he all of a sudden would appear in the scene??!!?? I know you all are going to say that he is the comic relief for this serious and violent show. Which he is and there are great scenes such as in the bar when Tommy asks "when did he get here and did you pay for that beer? "

Kevin - I want Kevin as a brother. He has some of the best lines and facial expressions such as when he is looking for the randsom money behind the bar that Jimmy hid and makes the comment about why is everyone being sarcastic with him. Wish I could remember the line!!! Anyone???

How about that Dokey guy and his ax??? Wow is he scary?????

No comments: